Ways to speed up your PC
I get lots of people asking me how to speed up their computer, more often than not, they don’t need to buy a new computer, there are things they can do to speed it up.
- Spring clean
- Use CCleaner to remove temporary and unused files (advanced users only)
- Use autoruns to turn off any programs that you don’t want to start up (advanced users only)
- Use PC decrapifier which allows you to easily remove software you know you don’t need or want
- Run Disk Cleanup
- Run Disk Defragmentation
- Removing and storing all your fonts using Font Frenzy will speed up your computer
- Get protected
- Download, install and run Malwarebyte’s Anti-Malware to remove anything bad already in your system
- Install Microsoft Security Essentials, it’s the only anti-virus you’ll ever need and best of all, it’s free!
- Run Windows Update to update outdated Microsoft Windows software
- Download and run Secunia PSI, which will check your software for security issues
- Google Chrome is quicker and more secure than Internet Explorer
- More memory
- Buy online by using the Crucial System Scanner to find the memory you need and give you the options
- Also consider
- Free up space for your system files and program files by moving everything else to an external hard disk
- Try following Microsoft’s 6 ways to speed up your PC
- Try using Soluto to improved boot time and fix system slow downs
- If you’re still using Windows XP, it’s time to consider buying a new computer
Got a way to speed up your computer? Leave a comment below!