Today a client reported a problem when they tried to open a PDF document in Internet Explorer.
The document did not load and instead there was just a grey page.
There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (103:103)
The solution is as follows:
- Open Adobe Reader X
- Select Edit -> Preferences from the menu
- In preferences choose General
- Uncheck the option for Enable Protected Mode at startup
- If you are prompted to “manually restart the application” and if you are sure you want to continue, press “Yes”
- Press OK
- Close Adobe Reader X
- Open your web browser (Internet Explorer) and try to load the document again
Alternatively, if this still doesn't help, try uninstalling Adobe Reader X and installing FoxIt Reader instead.
Did this work for you?