- G. S. Unwin Bodycentre Ltd. website gets a facelift.
In light of the recent security breaches of huge websites such as Gawker, Sony and Nintendo I am concerned about an issue that affects us all: Is my password secure?
Are your passwords secure?
In cases where security has been breached and your password has been extracted from a database, the answer is no, your password is not secure any more.Read More »
Glen Unwin got in touch with me to discuss a revamp of their website that was first put together back in 2005. This modern era has shown that websites are more than just information about your business they are a marketing tool and should be used that way.
- The header really needed to stand out. I stuck with the original colour scheme to create a banner. The kitemark is really important to Glen and needed to be prominent on the site so this was the perfect place.
- The images in the header are crucial to show the size of the operation, giving visitors a more informed idea of the business they are dealing with.
- The pitch ”more than just car repair” makes it easy for visitors to quickly understand what the business is about, making it obvious that not only is the business about car repairs, but other services are on offer too. This is how it was briefed to me by Glen and as such I included his name below the statement to add authenticity.
- Call to action, as part of the “About us” in the sidebar, visitors are encouraged to get in touch if they want to know more.
- The footer was the perfect place to put all the contact and copyright information, as well as a little map linked to Google Maps to get directions.
I’m sure you’ll agree that the new site is a tremendous improvement on the original (be it only a simple place holder).
You can visit the new G. S. Unwin Bodycentre Ltd. website at: www.gsunwin.co.uk.
Today a client reported a problem when they tried to open a PDF document in Internet Explorer.
The document did not load and instead there was just a grey page.
There is a problem with Adobe Acrobat/Reader. If it is running, please exit and try again. (103:103) Read More »
I’ve quietly been working on devotedit.com in the background and now it’s ready!
The new website is powered by WordPress and the theme is a custom built theme based on the original design.
This replaces the old site which was a single page, single purpose site which served it’s purpose, but was not able to scale with the expansion of the business.
The new pages and the blog are designed to give confidence to new clients finding out about the business for the first time.
What do you think?
I get lots of people asking me how to speed up their computer, more often than not, they don’t need to buy a new computer, there are things they can do to speed it up.Read More »
subscribe via RSS